The MCCS Libraries maintain a collection of print, audio-visual, early literacy programs, book clubs, and electronic resources for educational, informational and recreational pursuits. Resources and services are available to Marines and families.
Search Our Catalog
Explore the library's collection of books, DVDs, video games, audiobooks, and other items.
Available at the Library
- Free Wi-Fi, Computers (1-hour limit), iPads (available for checkout)
- Guitar, Piano
- VR, PlayStation (3, 4), Xbox 360
- Free Book Corner - Take a paperback of your choice and add to this free collection of books at your leisure.
- Kanopy - Stream thousands of movies for free with your library card.
- Launch Pad - Brain Games for all ages, keeping you mentally sharp.
- Printing - First 10 pages free
- 3D Printer Lulzbot Taz 6 - The LulzBot® 3D printer is a high performance desktop 3D printer that is perfect for makers, designers, engineers, architects, and anyone looking for an easy-to-use desktop 3D printer.
- CMC Reading List - All available titles on the Commandant of the Marine Corps reading list, including available audiobooks.
- Military Reading Lists - Books from the Commandant of the Marine Corps Reading List.Categories such as: Aviation, Counterinsurgency, Cyberwarfare & Security, Leadership, Logistics, Roots of Maneuver Warfare, Regional & Cultural Studies, Strategic Thinking, Wounded Warrior/Resiliency, Commandant’s Choice Books & Grade specific readings.
- United Through Reading Service - Patrons can record themselves reading books or greetings to family members back home. Click here to learn more.
Education & Learning
- Mango Languages - Learn over 70 languages!
- Universal Class – Over 500 free online classes monitored by professors and offering continuing education units (not the same as college credits, however).
- World Book Online makes available several educational databases and resources.
- Peterson’s DoD MWR Libraries makes available resources to help you further your education with Online Academic Skills Course and College Placement Skills Training.
Inter-Library Loan Program
- If the book or video you need is not in our library, you can borrow it from any other MCCS library on Okinawa, provided they have it. Please come to the circulation desk and fill out the inter-library loan request. The book will be delivered within 5-7 working days. The staff will notify you by phone or e-mail when your book has arrived.
- MCCS Library Collection-Books, Videos, DVDs, CDs, Audio books, reference books, study materials, and PlayStation/Xbox Games.
- Study Materials - MCI study guides, ASVAB, ACT, CLEP, DANTES, SAT, GED, GRE, GMAT study guides
- Language CD and Books- Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, Russian, Italian, French, Spanish, German
- EBSCO and GALE databases offer dozens of electronic resources for educational and recreational needs.
- Navy MWR Digital Library offers access to dozens of databases and thousands of ebooks, audiobooks and more! Overdrive allows users to download thousands of ebooks, including all available ebook editions of the Commandant of the Marine Corps reading list. Audiobooks are available for download as well.
- Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals
- The Library of Congress American Memory
- Ben's Guide for U.S. Government for Kids
- science.gov provides access to authoritative government science research.
Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Britannica Online offers online access to the Britannica Encyclopedia.
- Britannica Escolar (Britannica Spanish Reference Center)
- Britannica ImageQuest
- Britannica Academic
- Britannica Annals of American History provides access to historical American documents.
Areas of Interest
- Morningstar offers access to financial resources to help you prepare for your future.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center offers technical assistance for small engines of all types.
- Chilton Library offers automotive assistance.
Who can register? Active duty, Civilian, Retirees, Family members w/ SOFA and Local Nationals (base employees only).
What do I need? Work/home address, work and/or personal email address, valid DOD I.D. card, PSC or Unit address, and home, work & cell phone numbers.
Where can we register? Any MCCS library in Okinawa or Camp Fuji and Camp Mujuk. After registering, you will be registered within all MCCS libraries from Okinawa to Mujuk!
- All materials borrowed from MCCS Libraries are 3 week check outs.
- Unlimited Books
- 10 DVDs per family
- 10 CDs per family
- 10 Audio Books per family
- 10 Playaways per family
- 2 Video Games per family
- Reference Books and magazines cannot be checked out
- All items will automatically renew if the item isn't currently requested by another user and the item has been renewed fewer than two times.
- Sponsor is responsible for lost or damaged materials.
- Replacement items must be identical or similar in content. Contact Library Manager first before replacement is ordered / purchased to determine best options for the libraries and customer.
- Books, Graphic Novels, Tumble Books, Ebsco eBooks
- Magazines, Newspapers, Periodicals
- CDs, DVDs
- Games for Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3 & 4
- Audiobooks, Playaway audiobooks
- USMC/USN Professional
DSN: (315) 224-8448
JP: 0550896102 Ext: 224-8448
|Sunday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Monday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Tuesday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Wednesday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Thursday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Friday||10:30AM - 7PM|
|Saturday||10:30AM - 7PM|